Pages

February 12, 2013

Body Revolution Update and more...

Okay, so I haven't been very consistent with my postings on this blog as of late. But I am going to get better with that. Here's my goal: at least one new post per week. At the very least, I will update ya on how my workouts and eating are going and the direction my weight is headed in; after all, weight loss is the goal right now!

I have quite a few updates for you ladies:

First up: Body Revolution. On Saturday, I finished Phase 1!!! :) I started Phase 2 off yesterday with Workout 5, and let me tell you, my triceps are hurtin' today! But I want me some skinny(er) and toned up arms, so it's all good. No pain, no gain, right? I love that sore feeling I have the next day or two after a workout; it means they're working, even if the scale doesn't reflect that! Plus, I can do the advanced version of some of the moves now! :) It's so awesome!


I'm part of the MLFC Biggest Loser Challenge. Shout out to Jennifer for putting it together and receiving tons of emails each week with pictures of feet for weigh-in Wednesday! :) I haven't been super-successful on the scale lately, but I can tell that I'm getting so much stronger. I'm able to do more push-ups than I was before (and not those girl push-ups either!) and I can use more weight with the Body Revolution workouts. But I'm still really enjoying it; it keeps me focused on my goals and keeps me away from the bad stuff. I don't care about the prizes or being biggest loser of the week; I just want to get this weight off, keep it off, and be strong and healthy... and this challenge is helping keep me accountable with achieving those goals.

In my last post, I talked about the hubs considering starting Crossfit, and he did! Last week, he finished the "on-ramp" class and he went to his first official class last night. He's loving it and the atmosphere; he says everyone is very welcoming and friendly. He likes working out with a group; I on the other hand, would much rather workout at home!

Lastly, the hubs and I have been discussing the idea of going Paleo (no dairy, no grains), and have officially decided to give it a try. I have some health issues that I think will be lessened with this type of diet and the hubs is on board, so why not try it? I bought the book, "It Starts with Food" by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig and I'm almost done reading it. It's filled with information about the goodness of eating   real, whole foods and the effects that today's processed foods have on your body.


Later this week, hubs and I will be spending Valentine's Day weekend at Walt Disney World! :) We have annual passes, so why not take advantage? After all, we both love it there! I'll try my best not to indulge in too much pasta or sweets...

After Valentine's Day weekend, I will begin the Whole30 Challenge, which is covered in "It Starts with Food" and is basically a stricter version of the Paleo diet. For 30 days (possibly longer), I will have NO grains, dairy, added sugar, or legumes. After the 30 days, I will slowly begin to add in some of the foods and see how they affect my body.


So that's what's going on with me; what's up with you?

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a hubby that will try new eating habits with you! mine will for a day, and then the next day get mcdonals's lol! Have fun at Walt Disney World!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! :) Oh he's definitely not 100% into it like I am; he said he still wants his beer and he will most likely stray from the "rules" when we go out to eat. But I'm happy with that if he'll eat what I cook him for dinner! haha :)

      Delete